Persons entering the 2016 MS Moonlight Walk must agree to the following:
1) I have committed to raise a minimum of $250 through this event.
2) Offline entry forms will not be accepted or processed without an accompanying signature.
3) I understand that participation in the 2016 MS Moonlight Walk involves walking on public roads and footpaths used by other traffic and I am aware of the hazards involved. In my judgement I/my child/my family/my team has/have sufficient competence and experience to participate in the event.
4) During this event, I agree to abide by the road rules, obey the directions of route marshals and volunteers and walk with care and consideration of others on the roads and paths.
5) In consideration of MS Queensland permitting me to enter and participate in the MS Moonlight Walk on Friday 21 October 2016, and as a condition of such entry, I release MS Queensland, its servants and agents and their contractors, from all claims for injury, loss or damage of whatever kind I might suffer as a result of any acts or omissions whether negligent or otherwise of MS Queensland, its servants or agents and their contractors, in relation to the event.
6) Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision, walk safety briefings) are a service to me and other participants but are not a guarantee of safety.
7) An adult must accompany children under the age of 16.
8 )I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that the event organisers think necessary on or after the event.
9) My registration is not transferable to other people, and my registration is non-refundable.
10) I agree that if the event is cancelled or the event format and/or course is altered due to inclement weather or other “Acts of God”, or conditions and safety concerns outside the control of the event organiser, or if I do not participate in the event for any other reason, my entry fee shall be non-refundable.
11) I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
12) I understand that the MS Moonlight Walk event route closes at 8:30pm on Friday 21 October 2016 and directional staff may not be in place after this time.
13) I/my child hereby gives MS Queensland and those acting with MS Queensland permission and the irrevocable right to use/or copyright images of me/my child, in all forms and media and in all manners including alterations and composite representations, to promote the event without restriction and compensation to the participant.
14) I certify that I am 18 years or older and I have read this document and fully understand it. As a parent or guardian of the participant - I agree to the above for myself and on behalf of my child. I indemnify and will keep indemnified all people and corporations associated with the conduct of the event on the terms referred to.